18 Aug South Africa: Why Cape Town should be top of mind for your next MICE group
When you explore Cape Town, it feels like you have the world at your feet!
Giltedge DMC has listed some reasons why the Mother City in South Africa is a great destination for your next MICE group trip with its great beauty, culture, cuisine and atmosphere.
- Dramatic scenery from Table Mountain to Cape Point
- Boulders Beach with its comical Jackass Penguins
- Breathtaking Chapmans Peak Drive from Hout Bay to Noordhoek
- Majestic Table Mountain is a place of breathtaking views, a haven for adventure sport enthusiasts and a flora and fauna sanctuary
Culture & Heritage
- Visit Robben Island, a UN World Heritage Site, the apartheid-era maximum security prison which housed the likes of Walter Sisulu and Nelson Mandela.
- Soak up local culture on a township tour in Langa, Gugulethu and Khayelitsha – meet entrepreneurs and enjoy a traditional meal
- Go on a township tour to learn about the vibrant local culture in the Western Cape, their traditions, way of life in a modern city, music, food, shebeens and traditional healers.
- Wine and food are essential aspects of life at the Cape because, to begin with, we’ve got world class, award-winning fine dining restaurants.
- Enjoy farm-style breakfasts, fresh bread, specialty meats, vegetarian delights, homemade rusks, oysters, champagne, pâté, quiche, pancakes
- Try some biltong & a local barbeques, which are essential to most South Africans.
- Shop till you drop, from designer label stores to craft markets & diamonds, Cape Town offers visitors the best of everything
- World class hotel choices – from seafront opulence to farm stays in the Winelands
Outdoor active fun
- Zip slides, abseiling, boating, climbing, diving with white sharks, swimming with seals and paragliding – we have it all!
Latest from our destinations
The Mazovian region in Poland is an excellent destination for MICE groups, let us tell you more about it! Mazovia is the biggest of Polish voivodships and for sure it is a very attractive part of the country. Old monuments, beautiful landscapes, colourful folk culture...
Poland is again ready to welcome tourists! Do not hesitate and come. This year weather is great. Hotels, restaurants, monuments, relaxing areas are ready! Of course restrictions exist, please read carefully about them. ALL THE RESTRICTIONS IN POLAND RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING MOVEMENT 1.5 METER – MINIMUM...
Although Southeast Asia is still facing the effects of a 4th wave of Covid, everything is under control and the government plans to slowly lift travel restrictions starting from September 2021. This is an ideal time to plan your corporate trip or group holiday, our...
It has been a challenging start to the new year for the hospitality industry. Strict health measures have forcibly shut hotels, bars and restaurants, suspended international travel and put our lives on hold. As Europe gradually starts easing out of lockdown this month, governments...
An Update From The GDA Network The coronavirus has suspended flights and closed borders, putting our travel dreams on hold. As life is slowly starting to resume and travel restrictions eased, we are gearing up to welcome our first guests of the season....
As the world starts slowly easing its restrictions, the days when we will be free to meet anywhere in the world are now closer than ever. Until then, we’d like to remind you we’re still here to connect with you virtually. As a team...